Inivata Announces World-Leading SAB
Inivata, a global clinical cancer genomics company utilizing an industry-leading liquid biopsy platform to transform patient care, announces the formation of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) comprising global experts in oncology and liquid biopsy. The newly appointed SAB will serve as a strategic sounding board and resource as Inivata continues to progress the development of its innovative InVision™ ctDNA liquid biopsy platform.
Clive Morris, Chief Medical Officer of Inivata, said:
“Engaging and attracting such high-calibre, global figures in oncology to our Scientific Advisory Board serves as a validation of the work that we are doing and of the increasingly-recognized potential of our InVision platform. I look forward to working closely with the SAB as we continue to demonstrate the clinical utility, sensitivity and wide applicability of InVision in multiple different tumor types and cancer settings.”
Edward Kim, Chairman, Solid Tumor Oncology and Investigational Therapeutics and Donald S. Kim Distinguished Chair for Cancer Research, Levine Cancer Institute, and Chairman of the Inivata Scientific Advisory Board, said:
“Inivata has an exceptional scientific heritage and is committed to working with experts in the field to demonstrate the benefits its highly sensitive and broadly applicable technology can bring to improving cancer care. I am delighted to have been asked to chair Inivata’s SAB and to have the opportunity to work alongside its distinguished members in the further development of its technology.”
Sandra Swain, MD, FACP, FASCO, Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine; Member, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center; Associate Dean for Research Development, Georgetown University Medical Center and a Past President of ASCO, said:
“I am pleased to be joining Inivata’s SAB in order to contribute scientifically to the development of an important new technology. The potential to improve cancer diagnosis and treatment by way of a minimally invasive technology such as liquid biopsy is an exciting prospect.”
The inaugural members of Inivata’s Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Edward S Kim, MD – Chairman
- Chairman, Solid Tumor Oncology and Investigational Therapeutics and Donald S. Kim Distinguished Chair for Cancer Research, Levine Cancer Institute, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, NC
- Benjamin Besse, MD, PhD
- Chairman of the Thoracic Unit, Medical Oncologist at Gustave Roussy Cancer Center, Paris; Professor of Medicine, Paris-Sud University, Orsay, France.
- Ramaswamy Govindan, MD
- Professor of Medicine, Anheuser-Busch Endowed Chair in Medical Oncology, Director, Section of Oncology, Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM)
- Geoffrey R Oxnard, MD
- Thoracic Oncologist, Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Assistant Professor, Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Lee S Schwartzberg, MD, FACP
- Executive Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, TN; Chief of the Division of Hematology/Oncology and Professor of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center; Medical Director, West Clinic; President/CMO, Vector Oncology; Board of Directors, National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Sandra M Swain, MD, FACP, FASCO
- Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine; Member, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center; Associate Dean for Research Development, Georgetown University Medical Center
Inivata is a leader in liquid biopsy. Its InVision® platform unlocks essential genomic information from a simple blood draw to transform the care of cancer patients. The Company’s technology is based on pioneering research from the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, University of Cambridge and reinforced by multiple high caliber publications. Its lead product, InVisionFirst®-Lung, is commercially available and provides molecular insights that enable clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for advanced NSCLC patients. Inivata is partnering with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies on InVisionFirst-Lung and its wider platform, which is applicable to a range of cancer types. The Company has a CLIA certified, CAP accredited laboratory in Research Triangle Park, NC and laboratories in Cambridge, UK. For more information, please go to www.inivata.com. Follow us on Twitter @Inivata.